Sunday, April 18, 2010

ONE THOUSAND, FOUR HUNDRED, EIGHTY SIX!!!

That's how many calories my favorite nutrition/diet site, Sparkpeople told me I worked off!  I'm not sure that I believe it was quite that many, but I do know this, I WORKED MY BUTT OFF on Saturday! 
George and I got up early, each with our own list of tasks we wanted to accomplish for the day.  On my list there was:
Wash Windows (outside)
Wash down patio furniture
Re-do DI chairs
Now even with only three items on my list, I still felt that I would be putting in a good day's work.  I started on the windows.  We had recently had some very gross mud storms that have left my windows looking opaque, not in a good way.  My intention was, since I HATE to wash windows, to just do the outside now and save the inside for later. But, as things generally go once you get into something, it just snowballs. So in the end I did the windows inside and out. Even though I have the high upstairs one left to do, the one I have to risk my life by literally hanging out of the window from way up in the air to do, and the two basement windows, I'm feeling SO HAPPY that I can actually see outside.
Wash Windows (inside and out)
While I was outside washing the living room window I couldn't help but notice the abdunance of freshly sprouting weeds in the flower bed.  So I thought, 'It will only take me a minute or two to pull them and then I can quickly get on to the other things on my list.'  Well as I mentioned before, and as we all know, the SNOWBALL THING! A few easy pull weeds quickly turned into an ENTIRE day of weeding, weedeating, trimming, pruning along with turning the sprinklers on and off while George tried to fix a broken sprinkler head.
It wasn't until late in the afternoon that I was finally back to my LIST
Wash down patio furniture
Although I was proud of all that we accomplished, the thing I was most excited about was the last thing on my list, the DI chairs.  I spotted some old folding chairs at DI in Logan several months ago.  They were exactly like the ones my Grandma Kay used to have. They were only $2.00 each so bought them and brought them home. I've had them hidden  from George because he doesn't like junk and I knew one look at them and he'd say that's just what they were! I'm sure the rest of us will agree that they are in fact not JUNK at all!

The "OLD" chairs

The Vision
I found some fun laminated fabric at Gracie Lou's and then luckily found some fun paint to match.

The poor naked chair, looking exposed for the world to see!

Putting clothes back on with a new coat(s) of paint

VIOLA! 

They are going to reside on the patio, at least for the summer.
(I painted the old tray while I was at it too!)
Re Do DI chairs!
So that's where the ONE THOUSAND, FOUR HUNDRED, EIGHTY SIX calories burned came from when I put all I had done on Sparkpeople.  A good and constructive day in many ways!

3 comments:

  1. Good Golly Geez Mother! You sure are a go getter! I have been looking at the mountain of laundry in my laundry room piling up and trying to figure out when I am going to put THAT on MY list! At least I did one load today...50 more to go! by the way, the chairs turned out so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow I maybe should write lists and things will get done around my house. Your chairs were a treat of a project for all the hard work prior. I do that with my chores. I save the fun projects as a reward for jobs done. The chairs look so, so cute. Thanks for adding COUSIN to the profile you inspiring person you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad to see that you're finally learning from me and getting that house cleaned up!! ;). Great work!

    ReplyDelete