Sunday, June 13, 2010

Get Your Game On Girls...

At least once a year the girls in our family try to get together for some sort of  GIRL'S TRIP.  We usually do it for the St. George Parade of Homes, but it didn't work out at that time this year so we planned a Tuacahn trip instead.  It was great!  Now were just going to have to decide when we want to do it next year, I'm voting for both!

We can't seem to go anywhere without incorporating some sort of GAME into the action for extra fun.  Like for instance at the Parade of Homes, we usually have some sort of theme, like Home Show Bingo or an ABC game that we do while going through the homes.  I promise it makes it so much more fun.

This trip was no different.  Kristy came prepared with a TREASURE HUNT for us to play.  We each put in a dollar and the winner got the pot.

My first find a CIGARETTE BUD,
as Kristy likes to call them
Melinda's picture with a stranger.
Happy or not, I'm not too sure!

The other game we started off with was each of us picked a spot to put our initials on Kristy's car tire.  We chose a spot on the bumper and then each of us would put a quarter into the pot, when we stopped someplace, whosever initials were closer to the mark, won the pot.  I know we sound like some heavy duty gamblers! The wealth was pretty evenly spread out, except for poor DeAnn, she grew to HATE the game!


Besides GAMES as a big part of our get togethers, FOOD is right there with them.  Sadly we started out the trip at a place not even worthy of a picture or a mention, but we quickly redeemed ourselves and bounced right back!
I'm not quite sure where I've been hiding, but thankfully Shayda led us to this little gem, The Bear Paw.  I'm sure most of you have heard of it and probably even eaten there, but I've only ever seen it!  I'm glad I finally did more than see.  YUMMY!!


Mom and I split the strawberry banana crepes and the vanilla pecan waffles.  We loved them both!

Since we had a bad experience with dinner on the first night we decided to turn to the internet for suggestions and reviews.  We were strongly encouraged to eat at Samari 21, and boy were we ever glad!  Besides being delicious the entertainment was so much fun.  We had the best chef in the house, Tommy aka Jackie Chan.  He was great! and funny too!

I even finally broke down and tried SUSHI for the first time.  Karson was so proud.  I actually really liked it.  Now I know it's not the Sushi of sushies, like as in raw, but it was still sushi to me.

Now besides GAMES and FOOD there has got to be ENTERTAINMENT!
We are usually pretty good at creating our own. On this particular morning we got up and climbed around the Dixie red rocks.  We even got to be eye witnesses to a proposal, ahhh.

Once we were on the top of one of the rocks Kristy led us in a sisterhood chant.
It's supposed to fight against our double chins.  I sure hope it works!!

Other entertainment included laying by the pool, the young ones swimming, running and walking, shopping of course and the purpose of our trip, Tuachan.
It was so much fun, all of it!  My only regret is that my girls weren't able to come.  I honestly couldn't get them off my mind the entire time.  I'm sad they had to miss it, but I'm excited for next year.  They'll have NO choice, but to go.



2 comments:

  1. Look at you go with all your blogging. Impressive! Again, your SG vacation looked like so much fun. I love the relationship you have with your sisters, and daughters...so special!

    ps. I am a total gamer!! Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys had a great time, but I am still awfully jealous!! I can't believe I didn't go, next year no matter what!!! I laughed so hard at the double chin thing, mine is still very visible so maybe I need to learn the chant for it to work on me!

    ReplyDelete