Sunday, September 11, 2011

I've been...REMINISCING ABOUT SUMMER!

Although summer always seems to go by way too fast it's fun to look back and remember the things we did and look forward to next summer for more good times.

I started my summer with a BANG!!  Me and a group of friends and family got a team together to run in the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay (detailed in an earlier post).  It was a great way to start the off the season and I'm hoping like heck to do it again!


                                              
 Next event of the summer was our annual "girls trip".  My mom, sisters, daughters, nieces, aunt, granddaughter, friend and grandson (Madden)


Family campout at Big Mountain Campground (formally KOA)

Luke's 8th Birthday
Cake was designed by him and made by his mom:)

4th of July Fireworks at Uncle Mike's
Rainstorms were a common occurance of the summer of 2011

This was supposed to be a pool day, but because of the rain we went to the splash pad where the rain and sprinklers all mixed together.  Fun day!
A rewarding treat after playing hard




One of our favorite summer days is Lavendar Days at Young Living Farms. 

Madden getting a summer hair cut for his 1st birthday


The annual Ute Stampede enjoyed with family and friends




Pioneer Day celebration in Mona

family get together with Grandma Morgan who is 97 years old

Lake Powell with our Manti buddies

Girl's Trip to Hawaii

Running and races have been a big part of my summer.  I'm so excited that there is a growing interest within my family too!

A great day at the pool, and without RAIN!
The Demolition Derby another family favorite!

Kids being kids

Having some fun times in Logan

Family get together for Madden's 1st birthday


A wild 4-wheeling adventure!
It started out beautiful and sunny and in the end we were black and blue from getting pelted with hail!

A new blessing named, NASH, joined our family this summer :)


Mansfield Family Reunion
Luke's Baptisim

 





Labor Day at the zoo, another REALLY fun day!


Eating in the dirt with the family on Labor Day weekend

So summer 2011 has basically come to an end.  Before I did this post I felt like it was over with before we were able to do much.  However it looks like to me we had a great summer.  I'm so grateful for the wonderful family and friends I'm blessed with to be able to spend it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment