Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'VE BEEN....IN WONDERLAND!

George and I recently took a vacation to one of my favorite places, Disneyworld!  Months ago Mike & Casie asked us to join them on their vacation.  They had booked a condo with their time share and he insisted it was large enough for us as well as Marge and George too.  How could we turn it down?

It worked out really well for me because it was over Spring Break which meant I didn't have to take any days off, but it was sad when we realized we wouldn't be home for Easter and our kids would be!  We have a favorite family tradition of having a giant Easter egg hunt at Pooper's and Papa's.  The kids were all bummed that it wouldn't be happening. 

Although I missed our kids terribly and wished they were there, we had a really great time.  The weather was absolutely perfect!  Orange Lake Resort was super nice and of course everything Disney, well you know DISNEY:)

PACKED TO THE MAX!


ANIMAL KINGDOM





My favorite!


Tree of Life in the background

Pooper after getting soaked on the river ride!

Notice who had a rain poncho and who's hair got soaked, joke was on me!

 ORANGE LAKE RESORT





 
EPCOT CENTER






Illuminations, Epcot's nightly light show
George and I ate in Japan.  It was SOOO good.  We had a lot of fun with a cute family from Miami, but it made us miss the kids even more!
 Epcot Center is my very favorite parts of Disneyworld.  I honestly feek fulfilled after going there.  It's educational as well as cultural.  It was a great time to visit because the the Flower and Garden Festival was going on.  I loved all the fun topiaries throughout the park.

MAGIC KINGDOM




An intense game of Buzz Blaster!
 We found the perfect spot to watch the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.  After we left Epcot we went over to the Polynesian Resort to eat.  The restaurant was full so the host suggested we get our food from Captain Cook's and take it out on the beach and eat it and watch the light show and fireworks from there.  We were pleasantly surprised when they even had the music from the park piped in too.  It was an amazing view and perfect conditions.  We watched them from within the park later that week and all decided that our secluded beach spot was the best hands down!

FUN ODDS AND ENDS

One morning we were greeted by this friendly guy, what a surprise!

The boys named him Chez-it, because he loved the chez-it crackers they were feeding him.
Hollywood Studios

Pooper and Papa looking very tropical!



Goodbye for now Mickey.  I will be back, that's a promise:)


No comments:

Post a Comment