Saturday, June 30, 2012

I've Been...With Some Girls With ALTITUDE!!!

This blog post is basically a gigantic photo album!  I took A LOT of pictures.  I didn't put them all on or know one would make it to the end of this post. 
Wasatch Back-Ragnar Relay has become one of my favorite events of the year,  It is so much fun spending time with friends and family challenging yourselves in beautiful country!  It's my goal to do every leg of the race before I quit.  Hmmm, do we think that can happen?  Since I'll be 61 by the time I'm done I better get the hardest legs out of the way!  Truly, that is one thing that amazes me about this race, is that you see all ages and all shapes and sizes of people.  It is not surprising when you see someone sixty-one years old!



Tammy in the BIG RIG!  We love her, and we love the ride too:)

Our pre-game meal at Rumbi Island Grill in Logan, yum yum!

Girls with Altitude Van 1
Tammy, DeAnn, RaNae, Sue Ann, Jill and Me
Decorating our rig.



Me, I was leg 1.  I started at USU and ran into the mountains and then down through town into Nibley.  I think it was a 7.7 mile run.  I've got to say it felt good to go first and get it over.  The anxiety that comes with waiting is almost the hardest part.

RaNae, leg 2.  I'm so glad she agreed to be on our team this year, and guess what, she's doing it again next year too!  It's so much fun, it becomes addicting!

DeAnn chasing down Mr. Mohawk

Jill getting ready to hand off to Tammy to start over Avon Pass

Tammy booking it up the mountain!


Showing a bit of team spirit!

Sisters:)

Two of three of my girls!  Can't wait until Kylee joins in the fun next year.  Kaydee and Linzy were Girls With Altitude, Van 2.

After our first set of legs.  We're smiling because now we can take a little break and have lunch!



Kaydee, runner 11, coming into Snow Basin to pass off to Talysha

Talysha taking over from Kaydee and heading to the mountain trails.

A very common sight at every exchange, the Honey Bucket lines

This is one of my favorite pictures!  It tells what it's all about.

This picture also tells what it's all about!

This one too!

This picture was at the last major exchange where van 2 takes over and finishes up the race. 

We wanted to be there to support our van 2 runners for their last legs.  Here is Linzy coming into the Homestead.  It was SO hot.  She did awesome!







Jill and DeAnn, not sure what they are doing though...



Me, DeAnn and Sue Ann

Sue Ann running down the other side of Avon pass into Liberty.  A pretty run!


Talysha coming down from the ski runs in Snow Basin

My 2nd leg running 8.6 miles out of Snow Basin and into Mountain Green

DeAnn

DeAnn's last leg from Oakley to the Jordanelle overlook.

Jill coming into exchange in Midway

We found Linzy and had her stop to drink some water, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

Jill giving her niece Erin water as she treks up the first part of Ragnar. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

Kaydee on the 2nd part of Ragnar.  Me giving her water. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
I gave my camera to DeAnn to be my photographer while I was running.  She didn't pan out so well!  We joked that this was the only picture of me that she took!

Crazy fun in the car

When we were finished with our last legs we went to McDonalds to treat ourselves to some breakfast.  Sue Ann was surpised when she got her SUPER MINI fries.  Hardly the reward she was hoping for!

The view from the road up Ragnar.  To think we had come all the way from that valley down there, amazing!

Girls With Altitude 2012

1 comment:

  1. So fun and what a fun group. Sad I missed out hanging with you guys. Thanks for sharing you got some good pictures minus the night one :)

    ReplyDelete